1. Short films must be submitted in a digital format via FilmFreeway.
2. Foreign language films must be submitted with English subtitles.
3. International films are welcome.
4. Our submission fees for short films and documentaries is $10.00. Screenplay submission is $5 - this is non-refundable.
5. Please make sure you own the copyright to all aspects of your short film, including music and footage - your film WILL be rejected if found to be in breach of copyright.
6. More than one entry may be submitted. Each short film has to be submitted separately.
7. Films MUST be between 1 and 40 minutes in duration (including opening and closing credits).
8. We accept films that have already been submitted to other film festivals/competitions.
9. If your short film is available to watch on a video sharing platform such as YouTube, you can still enter as we want to support filmmakers growing their audience and availability.
10. All films must be produced after December 31, 2015.
11. Short screenplays must be between 1-40 pages long.
By submitting, you hereby agree to the terms listed above. Breakout Shorts Film Festival may also use your film for promotional purposes on our website and social media platforms.