Launched in April 2018, Breakout Shorts is an international short film festival for independent filmmakers of all ages, nationalities and skill.
Our 2019 festival was held on the 15th June 2019 in the worlds art & culture capital, Edinburgh. ‘Answer’, directed by Adam Palmer was our inaugural winner of Best Short film.
Breakout Shorts 2020 will once again be held in Edinburgh, Scotland. Submissions close 31st December 2019 with the event taking place on 4 April 2020.
33 Home Street, Edinburgh EH3 9LZ, United Kingdom
4th April 2020
19:00 - 21:00
- Films must be between 1-30 mins in length.
- All narrative genres accepted.
- Filmmakers must have copyright over all footage and soundtrack,
- Film must be submitted by midnight on 31st December 2019.
- Film must be of high-quality.
- Filmmakers must submit promotional stills for marketing purposes.
- Open to all nationalities and ages.
- Open to first-time to semi-professional filmmakers.
- We accept films already submitted to and/or selected to other film festival.
- We don't discriminate against any films that have been published online via a video hosting website.
- All films must be produced after January 1, 2017.
- We do not accept free submission/entry waiver.
- Films in a foreign language (other than English) must include subtitles.